Removing Hilary blinds

Options
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can advise on how to remove these Hillary Blinds? They are now so dirty and I want to give them a proper deep clean. 

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    It looks like that deep part at the top is hiding the fixing mechanism.  If they are like mine (not Hilary bus similar) you remove that top "fascia" - it is held on by spring clips - and then behind it are two or three levers which you turn to release the blind from the top brackets.
  • Daisy_84
    Daisy_84 Posts: 211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Le_Kirk said:
    It looks like that deep part at the top is hiding the fixing mechanism.  If they are like mine (not Hilary bus similar) you remove that top "fascia" - it is held on by spring clips - and then behind it are two or three levers which you turn to release the blind from the top brackets.
    Thank you 😊 .

Yes I’ve noticed two clear clips. Do I push the clips? I’ve tried to figure out how to unclip the clips, with no joy.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,502 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Have you tried contacting the people who did the installation?  I would have expected them to show you how to take them down or to leave instructions.
  • Ant555
    Ant555 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 August 2022 at 10:27AM
    Options

As already mentioned the front fascia is held in place by the clear clips - carefully unclip and it will come away towards you - careful as if its been fitted neat and tight then it could mark the wall on each side as it moves towards you.
    In my second picture below - you can see the clear plastic clip that holds the fascia in place - fascia just kind of hooks on at the top and the bottom, the clip is fairly flexible.

If its the same as mine then that will reveal the left and right brackets that are attached to the wall.
    The front face of the bracket pivots (held in place by a clip on the main body of the bracket)
    Once released, the whole blind can be pulled towards you - same caution as before about marking the walls on each side.
    If its the same as mine then you might find that the bent over bit of the front of the bracket kind of gets in the way so pull the blind towards you about as far as it goes, then angle down very slightly to clear the bracket.

yours looks like a relatively small window so the blind shouldn't be too heavy but if there is someone available to hold the top of the opposite side of the blind then that may assist - be prepared for a shift in weight as you release the blind from the second bracket

Hope this helps

• Daisy_84
    Daisy_84 Posts: 211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ant555 said:

As already mentioned the front fascia is held in place by the clear clips - carefully unclip and it will come away towards you - careful as if its been fitted neat and tight then it could mark the wall on each side as it moves towards you.
    In my second picture below - you can see the clear plastic clip that holds the fascia in place - fascia just kind of hooks on at the top and the bottom, the clip is fairly flexible.

If its the same as mine then that will reveal the left and right brackets that are attached to the wall.
    The front face of the bracket pivots (held in place by a clip on the main body of the bracket)
    Once released, the whole blind can be pulled towards you - same caution as before about marking the walls on each side.
    If its the same as mine then you might find that the bent over bit of the front of the bracket kind of gets in the way so pull the blind towards you about as far as it goes, then angle down very slightly to clear the bracket.

yours looks like a relatively small window so the blind shouldn't be too heavy but if there is someone available to hold the top of the opposite side of the blind then that may assist - be prepared for a shift in weight as you release the blind from the second bracket

Hope this helps

Thank you so much. This is very helpful.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback