ONE DAY LEFT to add your questions before the Forum 'Ask An Expert: Energy' event ends. Our expert MSE Andrew will answer some from Wed afternoon


Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How did you settle your pre-exchange nerves?

Due to exchange any day now, completion previously agreed for next week. Everything is sorted my side. My buyers solicitor has confirmed that they have received deposit funds, and they were just waiting for signed paperwork to be returned. A week or so later, this still hasn’t happened.. not sure on the reason for the delay. Being so close to the end, I am really starting to panic that something is going to go wrong. Am I being unreasonable? How did you cope on that final stretch? I feel like I don’t even want to pack in case I tempt fate!   


  • trakky14
    trakky14 Forumite Posts: 393
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I would be contacting them daily to find out what the delay is...have you rung to find out?? Don't leave it for them to contact you...unless you chase you don't get anywhere in our experience!

    If you're not getting anywhere ask your estate agent to make enquiries...they should be pushing this along too now. Its horrible the not knowing!! We are a week or so behind you I think but I know from past experience it can all happen quickly at the end...our last 2 moves we've had to exchange and complete the same day which is hideous but sometimes unavoidable!
  • Woolsery
    Woolsery Forumite Posts: 1,535
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Toots0293 said:
    Due to exchange any day now..... How did you cope on that final stretch?
    I  thought about how much work we were signing up for and the alarming fact that mother in law approved.
    Not all purchases are with the heart, y'know. Love it now, but I'm on the other side of all the toil.

  • Caramac
    Caramac Forumite Posts: 214
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I’d worried up until the point a completion date was requested (an then bought forward a week) by the buyer’s solicitor thinking she wouldn’t request it unless everything was in order her side. We found out 48 hours before completion that this wasn’t so and we never found out why. Their solicitor wouldn’t talk to the buyers, our solicitor or the EA. It did work out in the end but it took another six weeks.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards