PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Heated Airer, worth it?

Options
Hi All
I'm just after some opinions on the heated airer, just seen them in Lakeland's https://www.lakeland.co.uk/25891/dry-soon-deluxe-3-tier-heated-airer-and-full-accessories-offer-bundle and wondered if they are worth it, do they work well and work out cheaper than the td? We are a household of 3, myself and 2 teenagers and I do wash several times a week and use the td for those washes when the weather is bad. I don't have central heating (so no radiators) and I don't have an airing cupboard. My house is very cold in the winter as I only have a gas fire in the living room. Not sure if that slows the drying process? Any help would be greatly appreciated as they are quite pricey, thank you x
'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS

Comments

• savingpennies
    Options
    I've had one for a couple of years.  It claims to cost pennies to run compared to a TD and it is certainly cheaper than running my TD.  In winter, I put it in the spare room and it not only dries the washing but heats the room up.  Heavy items, like jeans I put on my ceiling rack in the garage but towels I throw over the top of the heated drier and they dry ok.
    Books - the original virtual reality.
    Tilly Tidying:
  • ZsaZsa
    ZsaZsa Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I bought one years ago when they first came out as my td has given up- it was good enough that it was a couple of winters before I replaced the td- even now all clothes go on the heated airer. Tumble is just used when I’m struggling with bedding/ towels, and even that’s rare. There’s a bit of a knack to hanging the clothes to get the best out of it but I wouldn’t be without mine. I find it’s best with just one load of washing on, so not too over loaded, and then hang items over 2-3 of the bars, as though I’m creating lots of mini tents and air pockets and fill the airer that way (That sounds like it’s a bit of a faff but really it’s not). 
    Last year I bought a second as I’m not sure how much longer my original will last and bought the cover to go over it but I find that a pain to put on and off- I just drape larger clothes over the top and that works fine. Takes the chill off the room too
  • tooldle
    tooldle Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 22 August 2022 at 11:29AM
    Options
    Definitely worth it. I've had mine for a number of years and it works well. Dries one load of washing within the day. In the winter months i run a dehumidifier which combined with the heat makes for quick drying.
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options
    I love mine, it sits in the spare bedroom, the window is always open a tiny bit.

I will also arrange clothes on an ordinary airer which I put around the outer edge.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • London_1
    London_1 Posts: 1,609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    well worth every penny,mine goes in my conservatory and is brilliant on days when the weathe ris awful. But even damp dry clothes get finished off on the heated airer and it really does only cost pennies to run

JackieOxx
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    Had mine for years and I love it, wouldn't be without it. As others have said, it costs pennies to run and wants the room up too. I haven't had problems with condensation or damp. 
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you all so much, think I'm going to go ahead and get one, together with training the kids to rewear their clothes more between washes should help me be less reliant on the td in the winter. 
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure