Fixed rate 12 months Eon next v19

Options
Just received my estimate  for both gas and electricity for next 12 months.
Cheapest deal electricity £2250, gas £3000
Must be paid by monthly DD to get this deal
Jas84

Comments

• Mstty
    Mstty Posts: 4,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Maybe you can embark on an energy saving exercise. How many kWh of each is this based upon?
  • Astria
    Astria Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Which means nothing by itself. Whats the unit cost of the electric and gas? What's the standing charge?
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.
    E.ON Next usually have an "online" version of their fixed rate tariffs, and this is usually a little cheaper than the not-online one.
    Which one have you been offered?
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 August 2022 at 1:32PM
    Options
    I've just done my own calculation based on twelve years of monthly historical data and ,taking the average, I reckon my DD based on my consumption should be around £380 a month on EoN-Next's V18 tariff.(electricty only - at 54.1p/kwh and 37.92/day) I cant find out what V19 prices are.

Actually they've under estimated my consumption by around 2000kwh a year and so their DD estimate of £290 is £90 too low making me around £1000 in debit at the end of the period. I've now put it up to £380 to avoid running into too much debit over the winter.

By my calculations I will have paid £380 x 8 = £2660 by 1st April but I'll have used £3300 worth of leccy, leaving me the rest of the summer to bring it back into balance)

My alternative to paying £380every month is to end up with bills around £600-£650 a month in December, January and possibly February depending on the weather - I'm just hoping for a mild winter.

My calculations for this year were nearly spot on - we used £2102.39 and our DD payments of £190.86 came to £2099.46, just under £3 in debit
    BTW we did go around £350 in debit by the end of March but it's been paid off during the summer.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure