Goldcar WARNING SCAM

Having recently returned from our family holiday I’m now nearly £500 out of pocket.

So it started by booking car hire via DoYouSpain which then found the best deal for a 2 weeks for a seven seater. 

I purchased their insurance as there was then no need for extra cover on arriving in Mallorca.

At the Goldcar check-in desk I was told the excess was £499 and was fully refundable on the car being returned in the same condition and a full tank of fuel.

I took pictures before and after and filled on route to the airport.

I handed the car back and two days later had a refund of £129.68

I then emailed DoYouSpain as no phone numbers for them or Goldcar to be told there’s nothing they can do as the other costs were airport duty, tax, extra insurance, fuel and mega relax cover !!

Having now read reviews on line Martin please cover this on a Tv show, Twitter etc. as a warning to others as I’m now seeking help from Santander Credit Card section 75

yours faithful 
Craig

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,600
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Martin does work from this page.

You need to contact his show direct.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,175
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    sheramber said:
    Martin doesn't work from this page.

You need to contact his show direct.
    Corrected for you ;)

And for the OP the slightest bit of due diligence would have shown the horrific reputation of Goldcar and how it's often featured on consumer warnings - sometimes though, as you've found to your cost, the price is just too appealing
  • Doesn't look like they have cleaned up their act.  The same happened to me in 2013.  They sent me pictures of damage to the vehicle (was a different vehicle to what I had hired).  Fortunately I called Amex to dispute the transaction and to charge it back and they said that I wasn't the only one.  Needless to say they never contested the chargeback.  They are just chancing their arm.
    Gold car are cheap for a reason, they are cheap and nasty.
  • Cheap is never, ever, money saving - awful value for your hard earned money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback