Overdales - Letter of Acting

Hi all. 

Looking for some advice. 

Today I have received a letter of acting from Overdales from a default with O2. A number of years back O2 cancelled my contract after I stated my phone number had been used by somebody else to spend money on, I think it was online gambling, they refused and said I had to pay the bill. I didn’t pay and they then added the early termination fee they always add. 

My balance outstanding is £1639.58, I don’t want to make payments out of principal on this, however I feel like I’m going to be pressured too. 

I just went to know what my next steps should be. I’ve never received a letter like this and they have stated they could look to impose a CCJ. 

Should I be responding to this letter or is this just a scare tactic from them? 

Thanks 

Replies

• sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Overdales are Lowell`s tame solicitors, no one imposes a CCJ, you are taken to court, and have the opportunity to provide a defence, although "I`m not paying on principle" is not a very good one.

You should have made an official complaint at the time, and tried to rectify the matter that way, now you have to deal with the consequences Unfortunatly.

Lowell can be quite litigious most of the time, so they won`t be bluffing, you can ask them to evidence your liability for the debt, but that is just to gain time, if you want to avoid it escalating, make an arrangement with them.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.