How much have I lost

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
3 replies 5.2K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
:'( Hi
After getting the tip from Martin about 0870 numbers and 0845 numbers, I visited saynoto0870numbers and has it happens I needed to update my credit card details with the CCP, and yes you guessed it the number was 0870 so I went to the above site typed CCP in search and there was the number I had plus the geographical number plus a free phone number, so I rang the free phone number and explained what I wanted to do and the guy said this is the wrong department, so I asked him to transfer me to the right department he stuttered a bit and said yes sir and thats what he did so instead of me paying about a £1 to listen to music I was dealt with immediatelyand for free.
4 months ago again from a tip with Martin I changed to 18866, and have saved quite a lot but the 0870 numbers are 7p a minute and 0845 numbers are still 3p a minute, my normal calls though are just 1/2p per minute and the savings on mobile phone calls are brilliant I went through my last BT phone bill and 4 months of 18866 bills and altogether I have spent £16 on the 0870 and 0845 and over the last year or two more like a few hundred pounds but not anymore thanks Martin

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals