🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

New bank account but wrong date of birth on application.

Options
Hi looking for some advice, I decided to change my bank to a different one and did the application online I also took out a credit card with the bank as well, everything was approved and then when I made a phone call to customer service about something they said that my year of birth was wrong and would need to go into branch with Id to get it changed to my correct one. my question is will this affect anything or cause any problems? when I did the application I accidently put 90 instead of 91 for year of birth. 

Any advice will be helpful thanks, 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It could potentially cause the accounts to be closed, or possible a CIFAS marker, thought both those scenarios are unlikely.

But get them corrected and everything should be fine.
  • Waterbury
    Options
    Thank you for your advice and reply I have got it changed and was told everything would be ok. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure