🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Dodgy info suggested

Options
2»

Comments

• Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 15,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    What that credit score ignores is that my income is a fraction of what it was a few years ago so whilst fully able to keep up with all my obligations I would still not be a prime borrowing candidate. 

The credit score companies that share us a number also now give "borrowing power" or "affordability" figures and all this does is to absolutely prove the faults with their algorithms for anything out of the ordinary.  I have temporarily "suspended" my Ltd Co trading and taken a NMW job.  That means I moved from basic income plus dividends to a low income.  The "borrowing power" and "affordability" figures have changed from zero to maximum.  Totally absurd as NMW is far lower than I was drawing in total before but, clearly, the credit score algorithms can only cope with "regular" employed income and that trumps everything else.
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Credit scores of 999 are attainable, I have one. I do have a sim only phone contract (bought my phone for cash), but I've been refused a couple of credit cards - one of which was a rebuilder type thing!
    China is the world's largest supplier of Bibles: one factory in Nanjing prints over a million a month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure