Trans girl in a financial hole looking to juggle my way out.

Comments

• Ok update, I have cancelled Spotify but I can’t justify cancelling the pet insurance. I am thinking about the flea treatment. 
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,757 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The gender thing at £30 every 4 weeks works out at £32.50 per month. I know you don't have any spare cash but if you put £2.50 aside every month it would eventually mean you don't have to find 2 payments in 1 month. Sign up for Prolific Academy if you can. I believe they are slower to pay out for new people but eventually it's immediate cash out over £5. Short term you need to pay the Tappily balance then give yourself an amount each week to spend for food on one of your credit cards (I assume they are still active) because that has to be less interest than Tappily? Once you've food shopped leave all of your cards at home and take them off your phone etc.  Can you move any of your balances across to any of your other cards on 0% balance transfers? 

My friend had an op on her vocal cords rather than voice training, I'm sure you're well aware of what is and isn't available but she's happy with the outcome. 
  • Further update, I’ve looked at my water account. I’ve recently had a bill, and I’m about £9 in debit. So I’m just going to cancel that direct debit, pay the £9 on payday and then set up a new direct debit when I’m billed again in six months time which is after my DMP finishes and I’ll have more room to move 
  • Martico
    Martico Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    CRANKY40 said:
    Sign up for Prolific Academy if you can. I believe they are slower to pay out for new people but eventually it's immediate cash out over £5. 
    Yes. Payment threshold is reached at £5. For the first four payments (they pay out via PayPal) they pay out only on Tuesdays and Fridays. After four payments have cleared without a problem you can cash out every time your balance hits £5.
  • Have you got the Olio app.?

OLIO – The #1 Free Sharing App (olioex.com)

You may not get anything but always handy to look and see if there is any free food close to you.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • I have also signed up for and requested a grant from a trans mutual aid group. They only have a finite amount to give out each month but if accepted it’ll be £60 which will be mega helpful won’t it 
  • Have you seen the Old Style board on here?

Old style MoneySaving — MoneySavingExpert Forum

If you get to the end of the month with a couple of tins and packets and £2 in your pocket they will help you conjure meals out of very little.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • Oh lovely, thank you 
  • So what I’m considering doing this week is this. My debt management plan, of £166 a month, is down to only covering two debts. Would it be crazy to just call the two companies the debts are currently with and try to deal with them directly? Give them my current financial situation, perhaps offer each something like £20 a month temporarily? My worry here is that they could start putting late payments fees and interest back on the debts
  • Doris17
    Doris17 Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Good luck on your journey.

"Make Everyday Count"

#77 3-6 Months Emergency Fund £2528.11/£5000

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts