ccj for parking fine

Options
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice please. 

I've recently discovered, upon looking at my credit report on clearscore, that I have a ccj. I've phoned up this morning to find out what it was for, as I didn't receive any claim forms. 

The ccj was set in April this year for £343, and was for a parking fine incurred in 2018. I've been given the phone number and reference number and their website is ce-service

The address showing on the ccj is an old address I moved out of in 2016. It was demolished a few years ago and no longer exists.

What can I do about getting this set aside ?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,985 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Better to post on the parking forum, I`m guessing a set aside application will be the way to go, but the folk on that forum will guide you through it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you change the address on the V5C when you moved out in 2016? If not, the paperwork was correctly served.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • TOP_CAT
    TOP_CAT Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 August 2022 at 2:19PM
    Options
    It may have been correctly served but the private parking industry are unregulated scammers and the legals are activily manipulating the small clains court process 
    Over on the private parking board they can guide you and the regular posters can be trusted .
    Some of the posters are the uks leading experts and the other regulars have a wealth of knowledge
  • rms22
    rms22 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    thanks, I've just posted in that forum.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business