New bad deal with Virgin and 02

Having recently spent the requisite week of my life trying to renegotiate my expired contract with Virgin I discovered regardless of the number of years you have been with them, their new ‘scam’ is that the only way you can have the discounts is to have an 02 SIM card ‘bundle’.
I ended up with a SIM card I can’t use paying £10 a month.
HOWEVER please persevere if you find yourself in this position as when I cancelled, magically they gave me everything for much less and 02 eventually cancelled the SIM card. It was hard work and I quote both the Virgin representative and the 02 representative-“ this won’t go on because I think the Ombudsman will be getting involved.”
I’ll watch with interest and wait for my week of nightmare negotiations in 18 months time.

Comments

• donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,604
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 3 August 2022 at 10:36AM
    Some months back I was negotiating and the Virgin rep refused to not include the 02  £10 which I did not need or want.  I just called 02 and explained they cancelled the SIM card and contract with them.   I then connected Virgin again got a really helpful woman explained everything, and she sorted it all out quickly.   Same deal but without the 02 and saved £20 plus a month.
  • So pleased they were much more helpful with you. Despite me asking Virgin insisted I couldn’t have the discount without the 02. Let’s hope they are being more helpful from now on. I am tenacious hence my eventual success but I really don’t understand why Virgin go through all this stuff every time you have to renew. I think it’s a bit of a lottery who you speak to. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback