MSE Poll: Have you got a summer holiday booked or have you already had one?

Options
Poll started 2 August 2022

Holidays have been back on the agenda this year for many, with most travel restrictions now dropped. But many trips have been beset by delays or cancellations. So this week, we want to know if you've got a summer getaway booked or, if you've had one, whether it was disrupted?

Click here to vote in the poll

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.
Thanks!

Comments

• jbrassy
    jbrassy Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Having no kids, I avoid going away in July and August like the plague. Normally go away in April/May and/or October/November. Airports are nowhere near as busy and you pay half the price.
  • Shaz34
    Options
    We went on our first foreign holiday in 3 years and I think the key is organisation and preparation. You can't account for airline cancellations though, but I always book through Jet2 as found them to be reliable and trustworthy (3 weeks after lockdown full refund for cancelled hol). I used their twilight checkin day before flying, stayed in airport hotel overnight. Straight to fast track security and through in no time. When I got to security, I had everything I needed to put in tray in a separate bag in my hand luggage so only needed to empty it in the tray and smooth transition ready for breakfast. Same on way back. Loads less stressful
  • PennyDD
    PennyDD Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nightmare holiday and that's before we even left the UK.  Left home at midnight and drove to off site car park.  Turned out to be wasteland in the middle of nowhere with a bus shelter.  Pitch black.  Noone about.  However, the bus turned up and drove us to Manchester airport.  Had to wait an hour in a queue for self-serve check in.  Never done that before.  Why can't self serve check in be open 24hours?  (I suppose it needs staff to help people like me) who struggled.  By this time it was 4am, hadn't had any sleep and was exhausted.  Booked the lounge so at least I could have a cooked breakfast. It opened at 4am. That cost £60 and had to wolf down my meal to get the flight at 6am.  Very stressful and not left the country yet.  Will never fly again.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,031 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Managed to get away for a long weekend in May.  That's the first holiday since Feb 2020.  I've had time off work but not been anywhere due to family commitments and covid.  I'm hoping to go visit family (not a holiday) maybe late Sept but that's dependent on work stuff that is an absolute nightmare at this point.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I stopped going on holidays when my husband died. No-one to go with and I wouldn't feel comfortable on my own. 
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure