Praise to the DVLA

I filled out the form online on Mon 25th July to renew my driving licence for the 3rd time since I became 70 and I received my licence in the post today 28th July.

Comments

• That is shocking, only last week on Tuesday we sent the Wife's license off to be renewed and the thing dropped on the mat Saturday morning!
    I work from home so my cat can be fed on demand!
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,242
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 30 July 2022 at 6:16PM
    I renewed mine due to being 70 soon and it took 3 days  :D

I bought a new (to me) car recently and the new V5 arrived in a week.  I was quite impressed 
  • GaleSF63
    GaleSF63 Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    rrl28 said:
    I filled out the form online on Mon 25th July to renew my driving licence for the 3rd time since I became 70 and I received my licence in the post today 28th July.

Same here - almost - in July 2020 a few months after Covid restrictions hit. Mine took from Monday evening online to arriving on Friday morning.

• mark1959
    mark1959 Posts: 553
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I've never had a problem with them. SORNing and re taxing cars and motorbikes many times over the years.
  • artyboy
    artyboy Posts: 796
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Youngest daughter applied for her provisional and got it through in under a week!  Could we maybe move a few of their staff to the passport office?
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,187
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I was rather annoyed on Monday when I went to the post office to renew my photocard (online wasn't an option) and at the end of it all they wouldn't give me back my card.  I thought I would be needing it to rent a car in the next couple of weeks so was not a happy bunny at all assuming I wouldn't have it back for a month or more.  Particularly as the last time we needed to do stuff with the DVLA it took them 2 months to return my license when we moved and took 3 attempts to get them to replace and update the OH's - about 8 months in total for that.

So surprise surprise....new photocard is here today.  Must have been instantly processed assuming it would have been in the post for about 2 days.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback