A success story to encourage others.

Options
I used the template from here to complain about how First Direct treated me after knowing I had health issues. They cut my overdraft from £2500 to £0 and they charged me fees for going into an unauthorized overdraft because fees themselves put me in the negative. A nasty circle of charges…

They fought the case right to the very end and then were extremely slow in paying me out after the ombudsman found in my favour. It took about a year in total from complaint to payment. (Their excuse being I no longer have an account with them. They didn’t think to ask me where I want to receive the payment).

Today I finally received over £600. Although I’ve received no statement from anyone about how that was calculated, but it’s more than I expected. 

So even now, it can be worth stating your case to the ombudsman and being patient. 

Comments

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you for posting that, I'm so pleased that it worked out for you. It does often take time to get a good result but as you say, waiting and being patient can sometimes really pay off. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That is a financial hardship case and to be expected, well done on the win and keeping going but remember this is not an unfair charges thing
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback