GAP and LMG, can we become mortgage free?

Comments

• girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou said:
    Happily passes half a stone to my friend. 
    If only it was that easy. 
    Take care of yourself 😊
    I honestly have a line of people waiting to pass me their extras. I'd burn through them in no time! That could be quite lucrative 🤔😆
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • girlatplay
    It really is the boring part of the month right now. No funds in today. I'm 25p away from a survey payout with 98p pending.

Usual £1 PAD to the buy out fund today.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,259 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    beanielou said:
    Happily passes half a stone to my friend. 
    If only it was that easy. 
    Take care of yourself 😊
    If it was that easy I'd offload some of mine too.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    2) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £8.063/£127,466 AVC target 6.32%
    3) FI Age 60 annual income target £12,500/30,000 41.66%
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • savingholmes
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing with the dividend etc. 
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,287 Forumite
    I'm afraid I was that annoying person with our boxes - I find the whole thing so overwhelming that the only way I can cope with them is just to attack them all flat out, so nearly all ours were done by the time we went back to work on the Wednesday after moving! we still have three in the shed - two of which are beer festival stuff I think, and the other of which is definitely camping stuff which it's simplest to just leave in the box. Even those are making me a bit antsy though! 

Sorry to hear you're struggling with your weight again - but from what you've said it should be fixable with a focus back on meal planning and ensuring you're eating the right thing? Hopefully you can put that back into place and things will start going in the right direction again for you. 

And yes to this bit of the month being boring - I guess it's a good sort of boring though, which is in itself a win! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • girlatplay
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing with the dividend etc. 
    It was an experiment. I usually stick with "safe" things like index funds but I thought I would give this one a go. It's just a small holding so not the end of the world but it would be nice if it was doing better.

I'm afraid I was that annoying person with our boxes - I find the whole thing so overwhelming that the only way I can cope with them is just to attack them all flat out, so nearly all ours were done by the time we went back to work on the Wednesday after moving! we still have three in the shed - two of which are beer festival stuff I think, and the other of which is definitely camping stuff which it's simplest to just leave in the box. Even those are making me a bit antsy though! 

Sorry to hear you're struggling with your weight again - but from what you've said it should be fixable with a focus back on meal planning and ensuring you're eating the right thing? Hopefully you can put that back into place and things will start going in the right direction again for you. 

And yes to this bit of the month being boring - I guess it's a good sort of boring though, which is in itself a win! 

I am a procrastinator. I get a bit antsy about the boxes but spend more time thinking about how concerned I am about them, rather than just emptying them. I'm also lazy, which leads me to...

...I'm a bit lazy when it comes to the whole meal planning thing.  Sometimes if I'm just in myself and I've worked late I can't be bothered cooking a meal.  It's fine if I have previously batch cooked but if I haven't then it's too much effort.  It's fine, I know there's a problem now as I need to have a proper diet for my meds to work well. Things have improved slightly over the last couple of days now that I've pulled my socks up.

No money leaving the account is definitely a good sort of win.

300 282 payments to go.
  • girlatplay
    The dividend landed in my account this morning. £18.75. I also had 11p current account interest from the start of the month so I have transferred 86p to my TT account and today's PAD is £18 to the buy out fund. I'm now over a quarter of the way to the next £1k.

Still no movement on W3a1thify.

Surveys are just 10p from payout now, as I picked up a small survey, but still 98p pending.  Sometimes it feels like it's held back purposely when I'm so close. 
    300 282 payments to go.
  • savingholmes
    Good news on the dividend. Well done on the PAD. You're making great progress GAP with your target.

@EssexHebridean - I was in awe of how quickly you unpacked. I am at nowhere near your speed. It hasn't helped the bombshell that I might need to empty everything from downstairs if I have to screed the floor. Apparently some of the quick drying ones are walkable on within 3 hours so it might not be quite as bad as it is in my head - but still I'd need to pay someone to move stuff upstairs - and then back afterwards... It is really demotivating on the unpacking front... The jury also seems to be out on whether or not you'd screed under the kitchen cabinets etc... 

• girlatplay
    Good news on the dividend. Well done on the PAD. You're making great progress GAP with your target.

@EssexHebridean - I was in awe of how quickly you unpacked. I am at nowhere near your speed. It hasn't helped the bombshell that I might need to empty everything from downstairs if I have to screed the floor. Apparently some of the quick drying ones are walkable on within 3 hours so it might not be quite as bad as it is in my head - but still I'd need to pay someone to move stuff upstairs - and then back afterwards... It is really demotivating on the unpacking front... The jury also seems to be out on whether or not you'd screed under the kitchen cabinets etc... 

Thank you. Sometimes £1 a day doesn't feel like much progress, even though I know it is, so it's a bit nicer when it is a wee bit more.

It does feel like it would be a big upheaval to screed the downstairs but try to think of the future and how this will be a distant memory soon.  Not sure if this helps any, different situation but effectively similar, our last flat had laminate in the kitchen and it had only been laid part way under the cabinets. It wasn't a problem as it was hidden by the kick plates and we didn't change the kitchen. You would need to consider if you might change the layout or the units.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I suspect that if you don't screed the whole floor you will then worry about the bit you didn't do.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback