We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Heat Pump - Missed Deadline for RHI

Options
2»

Comments

• Reed_Richards
    Reed_Richards Posts: 4,270 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A MMSP is a Metering and Monitoring Service Package. This is a completely optional add-on to a standard ASHP installation. You pay to install the extra equipment and in return you get an extra £57.50 per quarter paid back to you.  However if you have a major secondary heat source as well as the ASHP then it's mandatory, not optional.

It would be a bitter irony if a quibble about an optional add-on to the RHI prevented you from getting the RHI.  Or do you have another heat source you have not mentioned hitherto?

Reed
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No we don't - that's what they asked for.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • Reed_Richards
    Options
    Your installer must have asked you about the Metering and Monitoring Service Package and you must have agreed to have them install it.  That said, I think you have just cause for complaint.  If the only thing that stopped you getting your RHI was some queries about the MMSP then you should ask for the RHI payments without payment for the MMSP.  That would at least get you the £2810 you were expecting even though you miss out on the £57.50 per quarter that you weren't expecting.
    Reed
  • Reed_Richards
    Options
    So in you position I would contact whichever bit of Ofgem dealt with your application, explain that you applied for RHI within the time limit but were not able supply the requested information on your MMSP in time to meet the deadline.  Therefore you want to forego payments for your MMSP and just claim the basic RHI.
    Reed
  • scaredofdebt
    Options
    Thanks all, we are in communication with Ofgem, which in itself is a bit of a pain but we will hopefully get there eventually!    Will update with info as I get it.
  • scaredofdebt
    Options
    Just to update this (found out more info) we sent the initial application in before the deadline, Ofgem replied asking for more information with a further deadline of 24th April, we sent this further information through by email on 16th April but it was sent through on my email and not my wife's (the original application was from her email) so Ofgem have disregarded it.

They wrote to advise of this so we then sent the information again from my wife's email (again within the deadline).

Currently going through their appeals process.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure