Penalised for paying off card each month by DD

13»

Comments

• Should be easy to resolve this issue by making a manual payment mid month. You can make the payment using a debit card or direct from your Lloyds current account.  If you don't have a Lloyds current account you should be able to setup a payment from any current account.  The relevant details will be on your Lloyds credit card statement.
    Sadly not crumpet_man, that was very much my cunning plan for maxing my cash back without blowing the monthly credit limit. Lloyds message says: "There is a problem with some of the information you have submitted... The maximum amount you can pay is £xxxx because you can’t pay more than you owe."

Evidently it's not the right card for me.  I think am going to explore the Chase or Amex route, thank you all for the advice. I do think Lloyds have handled this badly though, but then if I always pay off in full I guess I'm not a very useful customer to them. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You're actually an extremely useful customer to them.

Minimal risk, providing a solid stream of merchant fees, offsetting some of the other accounts who provide a greater risk/reward proposition.
  • binao
    binao Posts: 666 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 August 2022 at 6:40PM
    Should be easy to resolve this issue by making a manual payment mid month. You can make the payment using a debit card or direct from your Lloyds current account.  If you don't have a Lloyds current account you should be able to setup a payment from any current account.  The relevant details will be on your Lloyds credit card statement.
    Sadly not crumpet_man, that was very much my cunning plan for maxing my cash back without blowing the monthly credit limit. Lloyds message says: "There is a problem with some of the information you have submitted... The maximum amount you can pay is £xxxx because you can’t pay more than you owe."

Evidently it's not the right card for me.  I think am going to explore the Chase or Amex route, thank you all for the advice. I do think Lloyds have handled this badly though, but then if I always pay off in full I guess I'm not a very useful customer to them. 
    You're actually an extremely useful customer to them.

Minimal risk, providing a solid stream of merchant fees, offsetting some of the other accounts who provide a greater risk/reward proposition.
    @[Deleted User]   is spot on.

£100 went Into  my Santander account  Sunday, compensation for being messed about. My account is settled  100% each month by DD.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback