Thanks Utilita for wasting my day.

Utilita were scheduled to come and fit a smart meter this morning. Between 9am and 1pm.  I knew it could take about a hour to do the job so allowing for them coming close to 1 o clock  I made arrangements not to go out till 2.30.

No sign of them by 1pm but thought that if they had not turned up by 2pm I would call them.

Got a call from their call center at 1.50 to say sorry they were running late but they would be with me within the next 15 mins so cancelled my plans for a meet up with my friend as I knew I would be too late.

I hour later, still no sign so I call them. In a queue for 22 mins then got through and explained why I was ringing. Got put on hold for a further 8 mins whilst they ring the engineers department. Then get told 'Sorry there is a mix up, they are not coming to you today'.  So I queried why I had been told 90 mins ago that they would be with me shortly.
No idea she says, please just hold a minute while I speak to them again. Finally after 43 mins on the phone I get told that all they can do is reschedule as she could not find out who rang to tell me they were due to be with me in 15 mins.  'Would you have called me to let me know' I asked. 'Probably not' she said  'as we wouldn't know'.

What a wasted day.

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,581
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I've never heard of Utilita, but assuming that they're your energy supplier, Ofgem rules says that they should pay you £30 compensation for missing the appointment, with another £30 if they don't pay it 'promptly' (sorry, I can't remember the exact timescale specified)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback