IPA

Options
janinemann
janinemann Posts: 17 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 9 August 2023 at 7:14AM in Bankruptcy & living with it
Is an IPA reviewed automatically after a year in to agreement?

Comments

• ToxtethO'Grady
    Options
    I'm not sure if it is and someone else with more experience will answer.
    For me I would say it doesn't need to be as you are supposed to tell the trustee about any change in circumstances within 21 days, so if your bills go up you should be contacting them with your new bill amounts and then you have the discussion about it being amended. Same with wage rises or increments for each year.
    Council tax is included in BR up until the next financial year starts so you would tell them about that and send your new council tax invoice for the year.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    From my understanding of it, any change has to be self reported, a standard IPA lasts 36 months, if your circumstances change, then you must tell them.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback