EVRI parcel collection

Options
As I’m housebound I use Evri’s collection service and pay approx £1 extra per parcel for this.

Three parcels, which should have been collected yesterday, weren’t.  I’ve already marked these on eBay as dispatched.

I know it’s a small amount but it does niggle me as it’s happened before.   I’m paying extra for a service I’m not receiving.

I’ve tried looking for a relevant section in their HELP, but nothing.

Comments

• rose_sparky
    rose_sparky Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The lot thickens.

After going round in circles with their online “assistant” I managed to call a number and speak to a human.  The three parcels tracking all show “as collected and in transit” which is strange seeing as they are beside me.    The girl suggested I rebooked them and phone again for a refund on the original order.  

I think I’ll ask someone to post them for me and apologise profusely to my buyers.
  • grandadgolfer
    grandadgolfer Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 27 June 2022 at 1:51PM
    Options
    What do you really expect with Evri/Hermes.....they are cheap for a reason

To be honest I use RM all the time now as booking online is only £2.85 for a 2kg parcel.....Evri have a price comparison on the home page vs RM but its very misleading and wrong.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

To be honest I use RM all the time now as booking online is only £2.85 for a 2kg parcel.....Evri have a price comparison on the home page vs RM but its very misleading and wrong.
    The £2.85 though is drop off, isn't it another 70p or so for collection?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,425 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    soolin said:

The £2.85 though is drop off, isn't it another 70p or so for collection?
    At one point this year it was 40p for some reason.  Even at the full 70p though, may still work out cheaper than Evri at an extra £1 per parcel.
  • steviebabes
    steviebabes Posts: 2,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's 60p for standard parcel collection but free for 24/48 tracked. If you need to drive to a post office or delivery office this must work out cheaper.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback