IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Park watch fine from Nov 2016

Options
Hi guys, need some advice.
Early this year I received a letter from Gladstone Solicitors regarding a “over stay” Car Parking fine from 2016. 
I immediately went back to them requesting all information because I hadn’t ever received the original correspondence.

After months waiting they come back to me(still not showing me proof of original letter) advising when it was from, the car in question etc. i explained that this was sent to an old address, and I was completely unaware, so 6 years later to be demanding money is not fair. I have lived at 2 addresses since the one they sent the original correspondence too and they would know this from their traces. 

I’ve been waiting for two months again for a response from them and their recent correspondence is yet again then demanding money for their client. £170. I cannot remember why I would have over stayed, the timings are really odd, and the location is not somewhere you would stay over 5hrs so it’s all together very confusing. 

Does anyone know whether I have a leg to stand on considering it’s been 6years??? 

Comments

• Fgibson96
    Options
    Hi, the other post has been removed - so I need this one open
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 24 June 2022 at 10:43AM
    Options
    I hope you noted from that what I advised about activating a delaying mechanism to get this past the 6-year November anniversary date?  But you're months away from that, 6 years have not yet been reached. 

Why was the other thread deleted, that had more important information in it than this one does right now?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fgibson96
    Options
    I don’t know why the other thread has been removed, but it just won’t let me find it. :(

ah, ok… so Nov this year would be the cut off
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You need to be clear about the actual date of the parking event in November 2016. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Does the latest letter from Gladstones say they will issue a court claim without further notice? Have they already issued a LBC?

You need to carefully time all responses and tie them up till November.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback