Evri and sending parcels to the EU?

I sent a parcel about three weeks ago. It was just a clothing return to a retailer in Germany. I found out that the parcel had been updated as "return to sender" despite the fact I had filled in customs forms, and attached them to the parcel.

Evri told me I can expect to receive the returned parcel in "2 to 8 weeks" which means I will have to wait ages before they think about refunding me for postage. The only difference when I sent this parcel as compared to previous ones is I had to put the contact details of the recipient as in email and phone number. I suspect the retailer might not have agreed to receive the return even though I was inside of the 45 day returns period. Other than that I'm baffled and Evri don't yet know the reason their depot returned the parcel. I'll never use Evri internation again.

Comments

• mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Most couriers are the same - even DPD's return time from international services is stated as 4-8 weeks at the moment. 
    I would ask the retailer if they rejected the return first of all. 
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,651
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The recipient may not have agreed to pay custom's charges so the parcel would be returned.

Did you follow the retailers instructions for returning the goods?

Have you asked them if they declined the parcel?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback