Travel size skin care

Hi all, 

I go on holiday in the summer only going for a week but don't want to lug my skincare products with me for both space and weight. 

I know I could decant my products into small containers, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere to get a weeks worth of product? 

I've managed to get 7 days of foundation free in the past at a beauty counter in JL and boots but wondered if it's possible to get a day cream, night cream, toner and maybe a serum? Make up remover would be brilliant but think that might be pushing it. 

TY
Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...

Comments

• Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 165
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'd recommend buying a pack of facial wipes for make-up removal and cleansing on your holiday.

If you're going by air you don't need to put these in the liquids plastic bag either, they can go in your hand luggage
    nyarlathotep
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,162
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 24 June 2022 at 7:38PM
    Have a look in Ebay - sample sizes can often be picked up on there from free-with-purchase gifts, or ask at your skincare store for travel / trial sizes.

Or if you're not precious about brand, look in Boots, Superdrug & supermarkets at their travel ranges.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • MsMoon
    MsMoon Posts: 88
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    All the major pharmacies - Boots etc have always done travel sizes, especially in the summer.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,043
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Try Savers (if you have one nearby). I was in there yesterday and they had a range of travel sized packs. 
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,726
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I read the OP as hoping somewhere gives enough free samples to use on a weeks holiday.  I did get some moisturiser from a Clarins  counter once but now have enough small containers to just decant what I need.  I would never buy the small travel size as they usually cost nearly as much as a full size product.
  • diystarter7
    diystarter7 Posts: 5,202
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Wear a hat, sunglasses, full sleeved tops and cover legs fully then you only have to use you creams on hands bits of face and feet.
  • annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 2,973
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sorry only just seen these replies, free would be nice but not essential. 

I'd had a brief look in the shops and online but ranges seem limited, seems there may be a gap in the market for holiday size skin care routine sets.

I'm cruising rather than flying so don't have to worry about weight limits or restrictions but I like to travel as light as I can.

I shall see what samples I can acquire on the beauty counters in Boot's and John Lewis 
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What I do is save up my normal products when they only have a small amount left in the pot/tube. Enough for a short trip.  
  • Daliah
    Daliah Posts: 3,792
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 25 June 2022 at 8:28PM
    I found the best places are UK airport Boots or similar, and Duty Free shops. It's a bit of pot luck what you get there, though, and they are generally pricey, so your safest bet is decanting.

Larger Boots, Superdrug and Tesco shops off airports also do a range of travel sizes but I rarely find all the products I like.

You mention Clarins - - - no chance for decent travel sizes. Their samples are ridiculously tiny, and limited in range. I always decant from the posh Clarins pots and bottles into "pauper" containers  B)
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I think I must be weird. (Oh, okay, I am.) I really enjoy decanting things, especially when it's for a holiday. I know I'm not the only one, though. Right?
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback