We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Final push .£50,000 in two years .Can i do it ?

Options

Comments

• rileyg26
    Options
    Amazing work again, @try_harder. I want to pay off some of my mortgage too. You have inspired me to get selling some stuff on websites. I'm not able to get to your numbers but every bit helps! 

I just wondered why you prefer premium bonds. Have you had some good fortune on them? 
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you rileyg26 ..No sadly . I have only won twice in all the time i have had them .The last time was a year or two ago ,both wins were for £25. I am buying them as i have well exceeded the 10% allowance allowed ,i will have a lot of charges coming up in the new year no doubt but hopefully what i have saved in interest will make up for some of it 

• try_harder
    Options
    Week 15.After a wonderful few days away i came home to several small sales so £100 in to PBs today so a great start to the week .I have been putting money aside each week for holidays and husbands loss of earnings so that is helping a lot .I have work to do today but tomorrow i must get back to the listings ..Food budget not touched this week yet as we were out for dinner last night with family and it wasnt our turn to pay but we need to do a big shop today or tomorrow but i am keeping within the budget which is making a huge difference to the savings
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good financial week as well as time away.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 235 payments to go - now £182,428 Equity 27.02%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £13.45K
    3) CC £7.4K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.1K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
    6) SIPP £4.1K
  • try_harder
    Options
    Thank you as always savingholmes

Week 15.
    Money in to PBs this week £400 .Total £7500..This divided by the fifteen weeks is exactly £500 a week which is still right on target 
    Mort OP £75
    Very happy with these numbers and very grateful as always .

On to week 16
  • Fantastic! Glad you got some time away and had a lovely time!
  • savingholmes
    Options
    Great you are on target 🎯
    3) CC £7.4K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    6) SIPP £4.1K
  • try_harder
    Options
    Thank you Aimingforthegoodlife and savingholmes

First day of week 16 and i have woken up to two sales on Ebax so i need to get thempacked and posted ,one was very small and one was big so another item out of the house .I need to list a few things today ,i try and list at least one a day 

From now i am going to stop the £75 a week OP to the mortgage and use it in the house to decorate and buy flooring etc .I need to work round all the rooms We have two sitting rooms so we are starting on the smallest first .We have almost emptied it now ,that has been the hardest job ,everything is piled up in another room hoping to be sold apart from a few items that have been tipped .It now needs a thorough clean and lots of holes filled in then decorating can begin ,new blinds and new flooring all on a budget of £75 a week.It does look lovely now though i must say ,so nice to be emptied of so much stuff
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news on the sales. 

Redecorating your home - will help you enjoy the journey more. Especially if it inspires you to let more go - which it sounds like you want to anyway. Imagine how different your home could be a year from now...
    6) SIPP £4.1K
  • LadyWithAPlan
    Options
    Well done ;) You are doing brilliantly. 
    On the PBs I seem to win consistently above £10k - which concurs with what Martin Lewis says.. so as you add to it expect to win more ;)
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback