We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Experian

Options
I opened a new account to check my credit report today and it asked for bank account details to check for identity.  I’m concerned about this and feel I shouldn’t have provided them. Any help gratefully received.
Thank you 

Comments

• Growingold
    Growingold Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Bella1810 said:
    I opened a new account to check my credit report today and it asked for bank account details to check for identity.  I’m concerned about this and feel I shouldn’t have provided them. Any help gratefully received.
    Thank you 
    Was it the actual bank details ie account no and sort code,  or was it a list of multiple choice answers for you to choose from?  From past experience I've found when opening a credit file account they ask you a series of multiple choice questions from which they can determine that you are the person opening the account.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You need to provide them so that they know it's you. 

They already hold the details, so you're not at risk.
  • Bella1810
    Bella1810 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Account number and sort code.
    Thank you for the answers.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts