IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Birmingham Clean Air Zone PCN's - Appeal?

Options
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this the right place for this post, but if not, please let me know.

I recently had an eventful trip to Birminingham where I got not 1 but 4 individual PCN for the Clean Air Zone. This was the first time I've driven a car in a Clean Air Zone, and was unaware of any fees until someone mentioned it to me. I immediately went to look online, but by that time, it had gone past the threshold for paying online, so I contacting Gov.uk immediately to try and see if I could still pay as I wanted to avoid any PCN's coming through my door. Despite me trying my best the person on the other end just kept insisting they couldn't see beyond what was on the website (like myself) with no other helpful information. 

Cue two weeks later and I get these FOUR PCN's through my door. 

This seems ridiculous considering I tried contacting them to make every attempt at paying any charges for this.

Any help would be super appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ring them up, speak to a human, explain your plight and ask if you can pay one.

That used to be reported as working when the Dartcharge wasn't that well known.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Ring them up, speak to a human, explain your plight and ask if you can pay one.

That used to be reported as working when the Dartcharge wasn't that well known.
    No chance with this lot I am afraid. They are well known at this council for no leway
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 June 2022 at 2:04AM
    Options
    You might be better taking this over to our friends on pepipoo.com as they are the council and police motoring experts. You will need to register, (which is free) but note that a hotmail email address won't work for some reason.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills