Tax free childcare cap

I've checked and can't see that I'm breaking any rules by sharing so hope this is okay to post, but please delete if not... It's definitely on the topic of moneysaving!

I'm really missing being with my son at the moment as I love this age (he's just turned 14 months) but have to work full time. To be honest it's making me a bit sad, so I'm trying to turn it into something more positive.

We, like many others, utilise tax free childcare, but it's capped at £2000 per year which in most areas covers 3 days or less. For those who work full time and have no friends or family who can help the cost of childcare is often more than housing.

I've started a petition to try and get the cap removed to help families. I'd be really grateful if anyone would consider signing/sharing as even if it doesn't impact you it is likely to affect someone you know. Nursery fees are in the media quite a lot due to the cost of living and I thought this could be a good time to get some change.
Uptake of this scheme is apparently lower than expected (possibly because older/other schemes are more generous), but if you're not already using it and don't qualify for anything else you can find more information here: https://www.gov.uk/tax-free-childcare
Finally bought a home
Starting mortgage £289,500 31.01.19 - Current outstanding £207,243.66
Overpayments since 27.03.19: £46,161.46
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family