Advice on utility bill on credit report needed

I received a water bill and because I'm on a meter there was possibility there was leak at the property so when I received the bill I called them and they said they would send someone out to investigate if there was a leak and would put aside the outstanding bill for 28 days to allow investigation of possible leak. I have checked my score and the amount of bill is showing . Someone came out, investigated and I was told no leak, the person previously read your meter wrong and they sent me an amended bill which I paid . Any advice what I need to do to get this removed .

Thanks 

Replies

• Ebe_ScroogeEbe_Scrooge Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I suspect this is a case of automated reporting.  Technically you were late in paying the bill, so - in the absence of any human intervention - their computer systems simply sent the late marker over to the CRA in their regular reporting cycle.  You just need to phone up your water supplier and ask them to remove the late payment marker (note that the CRA can't do this, they simply report on the data they receive).
    Don't worry if your score drops as a result of this.  It's completely irrelevant and is not used - nor even seen - by any lender.  It's the underlying data that's important.
  • MattMattMattUKMattMattMattUK Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Rosesgirl said:
    I received a water bill and because I'm on a meter there was possibility there was leak at the property so when I received the bill I called them and they said they would send someone out to investigate if there was a leak and would put aside the outstanding bill for 28 days to allow investigation of possible leak. I have checked my score and the amount of bill is showing . Someone came out, investigated and I was told no leak, the person previously read your meter wrong and they sent me an amended bill which I paid . Any advice what I need to do to get this removed .

Thanks 
    How does the bill actually show? It is correct for it to be showing, but the status letter may still indicate that the account is up to date and not overdue.

I know it is after the fact, buy generally it is easier to pay the bill then argue after if at all possible.
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I think the OP is concerned about the fact that the over estimated bill is showing as payable on her credit file, this is not about a late payment.

OP, every month a snapshot of your water account balance will appear on your credit file, its just an indication of the balance at that one moment in time, it means nothing, next month it will updated with a new figure, you don`t have to do anything, the status updates every month with a new outstanding balance, its just for information purposes only.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.