One off £150 payment in September

Options
I understand this to be a payment for those on certain disability benefits. I would like to know if it includes the limited capability for work benefit, as this was not mentioned? I believe this is the same as the disability living allowance, but the name changed when it was awarded as part of a UC claim. Does anyone know? 

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 1 June 2022 at 8:38AM
    Options
    mels74 said:
    I understand this to be a payment for those on certain disability benefits. I would like to know if it includes the limited capability for work benefit, as this was not mentioned? I believe this is the same as the disability living allowance, but the name changed when it was awarded as part of a UC claim. Does anyone know? 

No, because LCWRA is not a disability benefit. If it's UC you're claiming then you'll receive the £650. If you're living with other adults that also claim a qualifying means tested benefit then it's not yet confirmed whether this payment is per person or per household.

mels74 said:
    I believe this is the same as the disability living allowance, but the name changed when it was awarded as part of a UC claim.

That's not correct. DLA changed to PIP. LCWRA is completely different.
    You will only receive the £150 if you claim either PIP/DLA or AA. See link above.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    mels74 said:
    ..the limited capability for work benefit, as this was not mentioned? I believe this is the same as the disability living allowance, but the name changed when it was awarded as part of a UC claim. 
    LCWRA is equivalent to the Support Component of ESA.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • mels74
    mels74 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks to you both for this information. I understand it now! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback