No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2022

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    uu

Martha Hill Honey Treatment Cream 50ml - this is the night cream of the honey set Martha Hill do, it was nice for the money, I have another in the stash but for now I will be using up another moisturiser as both day and night cream.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Clutterbug07
    Clutterbug07 Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Months end for me, so here's my summary for June:

• IN: 16 (£91.45 - 8 replacements, 5 unnecessary and 3 new type of products)
    • Out: 13 (10 x UU, 2 x GA, 1 x throw away. Of the UUs, 6 were full size, 4 were samples)
    • Balance:  -3 
    Oophs, so I gained more products than I used up this month, and spent near a hundred pound, so almost my worst month since starting doing this.  March was my actual worst just by a little- 12 products for £93.12 so less items for more money that month.

I am planning on doing a little haul in August as a treat (since Aug is a v busy/stressful time for my job and I need some joy), but I put some money aside last month and this month to fund it, so it won't be a shock to the bank account when I do so.  This feels like progress as I used to just splurge without thinking!  The reason I'll order a few bits is it's from YesStyle, so coming all the way from Korea- I don't want to do multiple orders so I will get a few things I want to try all in one go.  I'm going to restrict it to things that I cannot order from UK sites (ie things I can't easily order one at a time when I run out of something).  I know the point of doing the no-buy is to stop doing stuff like this and reduce the stash, not gain more, so I do feel a little guilty about doing this!!  But also, it's all a learning experience and I am seeing vast improvement in my spending habits, so overall I am pleased with how I'm doing.

Hahahahaha and this is how we justify spending too much money on toiletries! :lol:
    Jan Grocery Challenge 2023:  £181.18/£400
    OSWLC 2023 Q1:  0/10
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,288 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Stops lurking and posts....

Think I need to join the thread. Sorted through my make up last night, and have 16 new mascaras on the stash.  Not yet dared add up the rest...   :blush:
  • pinkfluffybabe
    pinkfluffybabe Posts: 2,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary First Post
    JCS1 said:
    Stops lurking and posts....

Think I need to join the thread. Sorted through my make up last night, and have 16 new mascaras on the stash.  Not yet dared add up the rest...   :blush:
    Welcome  :)
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 13/53 UU, 11 IN
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    So I’ve “flirted” with joining this, but was a bit half hearted.  The past two evenings I’ve been slowly sorting through my huge stash of makeup, skincare & toiletries. 
    I’m not going to put a list up here, because it’s simply too long to type, I’m sure it runs into the thousands.  I have a perchant for the high end….
    I’ve sorted by type into my big merchants chest for skincare & my big bedroom cupboard for toiletries, I st
    last know exactly what I have. 
    There will be no more purchases of anything until I am down to the last bottle, tube, pan of something.  

• London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Last UU:

Boots curl cream, wnba, felt that it was quite drying.

Must do better next month. 
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,526 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 July 2022 at 1:59PM
    Just updating the last of my June UU's:

Sheet Mask: used a 4th one up last night so hit that goal on the PP list.  Still so many to go!

Caudalie Anti-Wrinkle SPF 50: Another one off of the PP list.  WNBA as it's a bit think and the scent was a little irritating to my eyes

Urban Decay Perversion Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: WBA, love this stuff and have replaced with the last one in my stash that I got last time there was a sale.

So for June, all in all not bad progress, and will roll over the last 2 to July.

Mac Lipgloss
    Garnier Micellear water
    Cantu body cream

4 sheet masks
    First Aid Beauty eye cream
    NYX brow gel

Honey foot mask

Shea Moisture leave in conditioner
    TBS Avocado body butter
    Caudalie SPF 50+
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The July thread is up.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I had a few more UUS over the last few days:-

Superdrug nail polish remover pads.  I don't like these but will repurchase for travel, when needed as it's easier than taking cotton wool and a bottle of remover.

A pack of facial wipes.  I was feeling lazy on Wednesday night and pulled these out to wipe my face but they had dried up.

Bare Minerals Boss lip lacquer.  I made my feelings known in the post about splutterers.

I bought a replacement ELF concealer,in readiness.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • pinkfluffybabe
    pinkfluffybabe Posts: 2,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary First Post
    Am back in for June, PP List:

Ren Evercalm Cleanser
    Aveda Nutriplenish Shampoo
    Sjal Face Oil
    Cerave Hydrating Cleanser
    Drunk Elephant Protini Moisturiser
    Fresh grapefruit shower gel
    Fresh grapefruit body lotion
    Aveda Botanicals leave-in conditioner

Summer List of 4:

Eight Hour Cream
    Espa Lip Balm
    L'occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream
    The Inkey List PHA Toner
    June totals: UU 2, IN 3
    Not a good month for reducing the stash but several items are near the end so will carry the list over and update it.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 13/53 UU, 11 IN
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure