How do i volunteer over Christmas?

Options
Just broken up for university and was hoping to do some work for the Salvation Army. Would like to spread a bit of Christmas cheer to those less fortunate. Can anyone help as to how i would go about this? I live in Swindon, Wiltshire.

Comments

• Mike_by_the_Sea
    Options
    Contact details for Swindon branch....

http://www1.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki/www_uki.nsf/vw-sublinks/0B7CE032F44CF98480256FE200349FFF?openDocument

If you get no joy there then you could contact your local voluntary services

All the best

Mike
    Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught - Sir Winston Churchill
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just to warn you that you MAY be too late - worth getting in touch, and arrangements will vary from place to place, but I know that Caring at Christmas in Bristol carries out CRB checks on volunteers and there may not be time for that now.

However, good for you, don't let that put you off.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • vikki_louise
    Options
    start writing christmas cards for sick kids at www.postpals.co.uk if you get them posted on monday 2nd class they will be there and really brighten the child's christmas (most of the kids have cancer or are going through transplants)
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure