found cat sick.

Options
my cat who sleeps on my bed, suddenly jumped off the bed at 5.30 this morning, and I could here him being sick somewhere. so went to the kitchen, and armed with some kitchen roll, I duly went in search of some cat sick. but alas it was no where to be found. asked him where it was, but no reply. and now I've just found it. in my shoe! sometimes I wonder which I prefer, having kids or having pets!

Comments

• TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maine Coon furballs are the size of normal cat poos. Their poos are the size of dog poos.
    We now have lovely grey carpets with sandy stains in places thanks to our pack.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Furball sick always smells worse than cat poo too and it's great how they make the noise sound like it's coming from a lion rather than a little, cute princess.

Agree about cats v kids. My OH had fish, cat was staring, he moved some to let it cool, couldn't take the pressure anymore and touched the fish to his lip to make sure it wasn't too warm for her! Last time I saw someone doing that was SIL feeding the nipper 🤭
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • PennyForThem_2
    PennyForThem_2 Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cats cough up - maybe food, maybe furballs.  Furballs can be mitigated by grooming to a certain extent.  Cats who eat grass also can sick up.  Fact of cat life.  I once had a cat who had 'swallowed' a long grass stem which stuck in his naval cavity on swallowing.  He foamed at mouth and was constantly trying to 'cough up'..  Son (looking after him while I was away) took him to the vet who managed to extract it.  Otherwise if failed, would have meant expensive op!

Regular sicking up i.e. after each meal should be checked by a vet.  Or any sign of blood in the sick.
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My wife once had to fish a blade of grass out our late queen's nose with tweezers.
    No idea how long it had been there (she lived with MIL at the time).
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Furball sick always smells worse than cat poo too and it's great how they make the noise sound like it's coming from a lion rather than a little, cute princess.

Agree about cats v kids. My OH had fish, cat was staring, he moved some to let it cool, couldn't take the pressure anymore and touched the fish to his lip to make sure it wasn't too warm for her! Last time I saw someone doing that was SIL feeding the nipper 🤭
    There’s no sound on the planet quite like that of a cat about to be sick  :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback