From the autumn eight million state pension households will receive an extra £300

13»

Comments

• dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Back to the OP

The table suggests that the 66 year old will get £250 and the 87 year old £350 which includes the 'pensioner cost of living payment'. However if either receive pension credit then the 66 year old gets £500 and the 87 year old £600, as I read it.

Paid in November / December.

• Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,390 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    dealyboy said:
    Back to the OP

The table suggests that the 66 year old will get £250 and the 87 year old £350 which includes the 'pensioner cost of living payment'. However if either receive pension credit then the 66 year old gets £500 and the 87 year old £600, as I read it.

Paid in November / December.

Thank you. Things are clearer now than when I originally posted. I agree with your interpretation.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Arthurian
    Arthurian Posts: 793 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    How terribly annoying for WASPI women who expected to be pensioners by now, to also miss out on this one-off pensioner cost of living payment.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 August 2022 at 9:44PM
    Arthurian said:
    How terribly annoying for WASPI women who expected to be pensioners by now, to also miss out on this one-off pensioner cost of living payment.

I'm a 1950s woman, but not a WASPE.  I'm not a hypocrite.
    Our extra £300 will go the same way as our usual £200 - to two family members who need it more than we do.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    molerat said:
    It is purely an extra £300 per pensioner household irrespective of how many or age.  How it is going to be paid / split has not been announced.
    We’ll find out later in the year when it turns up in our bank accounts  :)
  • Indout96
    Indout96 Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Wife had her letter last week she will get the normal £200 + additional £300 so £500 total paid in Nov/Dec me being a mere youngster of 60 gets nowt, good job its a joint account :-) 
    Totally Debt Free & Mortgage Free Semi retired and happy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure