We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Invoiced 13 Years Later

Options
124»

Comments

• user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,543 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jenni_D said:
    Nostrus said:
    Ah yeah, this showed up in a search that I do periodically for anything relating to Scottish law stuff here. With it coming up in that search and the first couple of posts mentioning Scotland, I had figured it was. In that case, never mind :smile:
    Post #3 (by me) mentioned Scotland obliquely, in that Scottish law is different to English law, but the OP made no reference whatsoever to Scotland. (In fact I'm not sure the OP has made any reference at all to the location). :) 
    The OP mentions the Limitations Act 1980 - which only applies in England & Wales.
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 26 June 2022 at 11:18AM
    Options
    True - although I wouldn't necessarily hang my hat on that ... it's not unusual for people to forget that the law in Scotland can be different, so when they search they find English results and assume they also apply where they live. :) 

The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 applies in Scotland, and it may have been (partially) superseded by The Prescription (Scotland) Act 2018.
    Jenni x
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OP last logged into this site on 25 May and this thread quietly went to sleep so unlikely they are interested in any further comments.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure