Boots High St Pharmacy Prescription Problems

Has anyone got a complaints contact for Boots please ?

Often problematic but lately excelling themselves.  Prescriptions due on the 13th - no text. Physically called to store the next week - need to chase surgery.  Called in again today - need to chase surgery.   

Off to the surgery I go  -  Boots had not actually called off the prescriptions until I called in earlier.  Surgery will release prescriptions to Boots today.

The branch say they are busy but I will have queued 4 times (and I am not hopeful I will get it this week) when once is more than enough.
Never pay on an estimated bill

Comments

• Olinda99
    Olinda99 Posts: 1,181
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    change to lloyds pharmacy or by post download the app pharmacy2u they are excellent
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 11,969
    Forumite
    Thanks for the reply

No Lloyds or other chemist for 10 miles

Will have a look at the app
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,750
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Robin9 said:
    Has anyone got a complaints contact for Boots please ?

Often problematic but lately excelling themselves.  Prescriptions due on the 13th - no text. Physically called to store the next week - need to chase surgery.  Called in again today - need to chase surgery.   

Off to the surgery I go  -  Boots had not actually called off the prescriptions until I called in earlier.  Surgery will release prescriptions to Boots today.

The branch say they are busy but I will have queued 4 times (and I am not hopeful I will get it this week) when once is more than enough.
    Have you asked to speak to the store manager? That would be the first place for a complaint for an in-store issue.

Then if that didn't help call 0345 070 8090 or email [email protected]
    contact us | customer services - Boots
  • Admiral_Barbarossa
    Admiral_Barbarossa Posts: 603
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 24 May 2022 at 1:12PM
    My surgery has advised that I should ask for my repeat prescription 10 days before I need them! Never had a problem! All done on the nhs app, and my local pharmacy delivers for free!
    I work from home so my cat can be fed on demand!
  • Whalie
    Whalie Posts: 209
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I use pharmacy2u and find them great.  Only use local pharmacy if medication is needed right away.  There seems to be a problem in many areas of shortage of staff working in pharmacy's.  There certainly has been in my local area so that maybe the root cause of the problem you have with your Boots.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,824
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    I stopped using Boots as there were too many problems. Tablets were not ready or I'd get supplied drugs long before needed. Complaint made no difference. I now use a local phar5 who also deliver for free 
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Robin9 said:
    Thanks for the reply

No Lloyds or other chemist for 10 miles

Will have a look at the app
    You don't need a physical store.  The prescription is delivered to you.
  • Marmaduke123
    Marmaduke123 Posts: 811
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I found the Boots system of ordering for you unsatisfactory and unreliable. I switched back to ordering myself via the NHS app or Patient Access and pick up the prescription from my local Boots when they text me to tell me it's ready.

This works well, but I make sure I order 2 weeks before I would run out. The GP is good at approving the request quickly, but Boots can be a bit slow. I prefer this to internet pharmacies as I still have the option of going in there if there should be a problem.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 11,969
    Forumite
    Thanks for all your comments.  I have signed up for Pharmacy2u

I do like to support my High Street but I need service to go with that and Boots are failing me.

\My Boots has no obvious manager - am I right in thinking that the Pharmacist runs the branch ?  

I believe Boots are under contract to the NHS to dispense prescriptions.  Is this Primary Care ?
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,750
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Robin9 said:
    Thanks for all your comments.  I have signed up for Pharmacy2u

I do like to support my High Street but I need service to go with that and Boots are failing me.

\My Boots has no obvious manager - am I right in thinking that the Pharmacist runs the branch ?  

I believe Boots are under contract to the NHS to dispense prescriptions.  Is this Primary Care ?
    There will be a store manager, if you ask "can I speak to the store manger please" then if they aren't available then the duty manager should still come to see you, who may be the pharmacist.

I think your issue though is with Boots requesting the repeat prescription on your behalf? If you ask your Doctor to send the prescription to Boots and they then issue the drugs then they are meeting their obligations as a pharmacist. But any extra services such as requesting it for you at regular intervals is a commercial service they offer on top of their NHS services.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback