Checked baggage not showing on boarding pass

Options
Booked with lastminute.com and the booking page clearly shows checked baggage included. Flew out fine but have just checked in for our return flight and it's showing us on SAS Go Light which doesn't include any checked bags. Any idea what might happen?

Might it be an error that will resolve itself at the airport? If we have to pay the on the day cost for checked bags will lastminute refund? (I don't really want to have to call them on a mobile from abroad)
2022 mfw #46 - £1503/£1400

Comments

• katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Booked with lastminute.com and the booking page clearly shows checked baggage included. Flew out fine but have just checked in for our return flight and it's showing us on SAS Go Light which doesn't include any checked bags. Any idea what might happen?

Might it be an error that will resolve itself at the airport? If we have to pay the on the day cost for checked bags will lastminute refund? (I don't really want to have to call them on a mobile from abroad)
    I once had that happen on the return flight of an Explore holidays package. I got really quite worried that they wouldn't accept my luggage on the way back but they did. 
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Can you not log into your booking on SAS's website and check? Most bagless fare types allow you to add bags and it can be cheaper to do that than to book the higher fare category which has the bags included.
  • hockeylover40
    Options
    Sandtree said:
    Can you not log into your booking on SAS's website and check? Most bagless fare types allow you to add bags and it can be cheaper to do that than to book the higher fare category which has the bags included.
    I did look at that but it seems you have to book the extra bag/s 22h before the flight to get the cheaper price and I didn’t know I was going to need to until I checked in after that point. Also I don’t know for sure if I’m going to need to pay - the checked bag is on my lastminute.com booking
    2022 mfw #46 - £1503/£1400
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sandtree said:
    I did look at that but it seems you have to book the extra bag/s 22h before the flight to get the cheaper price and I didn’t know I was going to need to until I checked in after that point. Also I don’t know for sure if I’m going to need to pay - the checked bag is on my lastminute.com booking
    Dont fly SAS often at all but most airlines if you go into "manage my booking" it will show you if you've got extra checked bags booked already.
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Sandtree said:
    Sandtree said:
    Dont fly SAS often at all but most airlines if you go into "manage my booking" it will show you if you've got extra checked bags booked already.
    I was just going to mention that this is the case with other Star Alliance airlines (I generally use LOT quite regularly) so should be the case with SAS.

Only done this on one booking, but it didn't show on the 'main' screen but did show in MMB.
    💙💛 💔
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure