IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ZZPS debt collection notice , no first contact from SABA park services

Options
cheekyblinder
cheekyblinder Posts: 5 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post
edited 6 June 2022 at 11:57AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Afternoon all, 

First time here and after reading through all of the newbie forums and other people's advice I just needed clarification on steps to take in my circumstances,

so, the story is .... received letter (see attached) from ZZPS regarding an unpaid parking charge for Tamworth Train station (26/03/2022) . This was the first notification regarding the parking and have not had any other correspondence relating to this. I have not made contact to any companies at the moment in time.

I want to know what the best steps would be from here ..... totally ignore any letters regarding this as I haven't heard from SABA park services at all ?? or do I still contact them regarding not receiving any notification from them ? 

any help would be appreciated

Many thanks

(Image removed by Forum Team)

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

ZZPS are just debt collectors and are totally harmless. You will have read that in the fourth post of the NEWBIES thread.

You need to ask yourself why you have heard nothing about this since the parking event.
    Usually the answer to that question is that the vehicle's keeper has failed to update their address on the vehicle's registration document(V5c) issued by the DVLA. That in itself can attract a real fine of up to £1000.00.
  • cheekyblinder
    Options
    Thank you for the reply, 

Its very perplexing as ZZPS were able to locate my correct address but the parking company were not able to . My V5c is correctly updated with the correct address as it has always been.

should I contact SABA in regards to not receiving any correspondence from them , what would be the best step from here ? 

thanks for any advice given

many thanks  
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 May 2022 at 4:44PM
    Options
    Apart from definitely sending SABA a SAR (see 2nd post of the NEWBIES thread) do nothing else.

As you will have read on other SABA railway penalty cases, nothing happens and if it was called a byelaws 'penalty' as opposed to a contractual 'parking charge' then it times out after 6 months.

And you'll know from literally all over the forum that the Govt has banned the fake added costs anyway (new statutory Code of Practice dated 7.2.2022 is coming in over the next year...slowly) so ZZPS and their mates at QDR can go swivel.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 20 May 2022 at 6:49PM
    Options
    As above ^^^

ADMIN FEE £70 ??

ZZPS are living in the clouds. They know the fakes have been banned
    They are BPA members and on the board of the BPA.

The BPA have been fighting the government ban so no point in complaining to them.

Government has said they expect the parking industry to operate within the spirit of the law .... The BPA and their members are ignoring this
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    With a 22/03/22 parking charge, it's a super-quick advance to debt collection stage.
    Its very perplexing as ZZPS were able to locate my correct address but the parking company were not able to . My V5c is correctly updated with the correct address as it has always been.
    Debt collectors are more adept (willing) at undertaking a soft trace on motorists who fail to respond to PPC notices. Are you absolutely sure your V5C (logbook) is showing your current address?  Your driving licence address in this regard is irrelevant. Do please check your V5C. 

If it is up to date (at the time of the parking event), then do a SAR to the DVLA to check if SABA actually accessed your personal data via them. 

Email the DVLA and ask which organisations (when and for what reason) accessed the registered keeper's data from them between a range of dates which includes the date(s) of the parking incident(s). You need to provide the registered keeper's full name and address, the address on the V5C logbook and the Vehicle Registration Mark of the vehicle involved in the parking incident. 

SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gov.uk

This service is free of charge. 

Even though you email your request, the DVLA will respond via Royal Mail.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @cheekyblinder Your full name and address is clearly visible on that letter it is not blacked out properly, you should take it down immediately, no one needs to see stupid debt collectors letters on here anyway!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback