2 weeks on - Amazon not sent item.

Not really sure where to put this.
Didn't look like it suited the shopping forums when you look at their descriptions.
I don't need to know my rights as I can cancel it today.

"So why are you even here then"

Because I'm looking to see if one of you knowledgeable folk can offer me a possibility as to why.

"Why don't you ask Amazon then".

Because I hopped on their Live Chat and it wouldn't let me talk to them.

Now that's out of the way...

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy SmartTag. It was on offer & I ordered it with Prime. Didn't say anything about a delay, not in stock etc (if it did then I didn't see).

9th May.

We're now 20th May & the order still says awaiting dispatch.

If I hop on the Samsung website it doesn't say anything about being out of stock there either.

Just seems like there's no explanation as to why it's taking so long to even send it out...?

Comments

• Mnoee
    Mnoee Forumite Posts: 740
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Your order confirmation email should have an expected delivery date on it. What does that say?

It looks like it's currently out of stock (at least sold by amazon, not a marketplace seller), so I'm guessing the deal was popular and they've run out. 
  • tightauldgit
    tightauldgit Forumite Posts: 2,611
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If it's not been sent it's because they don't have it to send. Quite often happens on something popular that they have run out of it. If you go to the listing today does it say they are out of stock and an expected delivery date?
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Forumite Posts: 5,783
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    If the item is out of stock, amazon should send you an email so it can't be that. (It's still available on amazon) And also, the expected delivery should be on the page before you even order the item. If you're not happy you can cancel at any time and will be refunded, as you say. Sadly, amazon don't often offer explanations - so you may never know what has happened.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Forumite Posts: 17,946
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If you go into 'your account and view the order  is there not a box to report a problem with your order?
  • JustAnotherSaver
    JustAnotherSaver Forumite Posts: 6,709
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Yeah there was. I had the option to either cancel or wait.

Anyway, funnily enough, I saw a transaction on my Amex from Amazon & was wondering what was going on as I'd bought nothing for the amount listed.

Turns out they've finally sorted themselves out & looks like it's on its way.

See how it compares to the Tile.
  • molerat
    molerat Forumite Posts: 30,984
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Amazon do sell as "in stock" items that have not yet arrived in the warehouse as they know exactly where the stock is.  That has caused problems lately with delivery hold ups.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 340.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 448.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 231.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 603.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.6K Life & Family
  • 245.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback