Large flat roof replacement and 3 bed semi roof replacement in Liverpool

I've got a 3 bed semi and a large flat roofed extension which covers two rooms. I know I need to get the main roof replaced and I would like the flat roof replaced too but I'm unsure what material is best (I would also like two lanterns in the flat roof) or who to do the job.

Any recommendations for a roofer in Liverpool, and the best material for a flat roof.

Also when a flat roof is replaced do they also replace the ceiling in the rooms or would that be a seperate job?

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Nostromo2022 said:  Also when a flat roof is replaced do they also replace the ceiling in the rooms or would that be a seperate job?
    Recovering a flat roof is all done from outside - You want to make sure that the insulation is upgraded in the process. And as the work is subject to Building Regulations, it should be signed off by Building Control (same for the pitched roof). EPDM is the current favorite for a flat roof. It is durable and will last a long time (25y or more).
    If the ceilings need replacing, wait until after the flat roof has been done, and then get a plasterer in - If the boards need stripping & replacing, have them screwed up rather than nailed - Screw won't "pop" and lead to cracking, nails will.

Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • greenface2
    greenface2 Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    2 Wirral companies . Elite Roofing 07821817789 (Elliott) & Online roofing 07985160811 (neil) I use korniche lanterns but others are available . different products to cover and finish talk to them . I have plasterers contact too 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback