John Lewis fake sunglasses

2»

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    A chargeback would probably work but I'd be a little more forgiving of John Lewis here.

They're obviously a victim of a switcharoo with an inattentive staff member.  It happens to all of them and unfortunately, they need to be more and more sceptical with the increasing rise in scammers.
    I understand the scepticism I really do just wasn’t expecting it aired over the phone especially from a big company like John Lewis. I will go for a chargeback, I just want my money back not looking for any further gains. Was just interested to see if anyone has had similar happen to them as it’s not something I’ve encountered before. 
    I would wait till you get the glasses back.
    Then if JL are saying they are fake. Get proof from Armani that they are. That then puts you in a stronger chargeback position.

As it is you are looking at goods not as described, having to provide proof of item ordered & item received. Which could be contested by JL on the basis of fake goods sent back & they have returned the goods.

If you have proof they are fake from Armani. Then you are looking at a counterfeit goods chargeback. A lot harder to contest given you have proof from brand holder.
    I have received an email from customer support apologising and offering a full refund so all sorted thank you for the help 
    I love this resolution. Timely too. Credit to JL. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback