SSE vent

It’s rare for me to name and shame a company but I am now at the point where there is nothing else I can do with this company.

I switched to SSE in February and trying to keep this short, they have completely messed up my account, the main issue is that they have my start meter readings and current meter readings wrong despite me giving them readings on 4 separate occasions and me providing them with a letter from my previous provider stating what my end readings were.  This has now gone to the energy ombudsman and SSE have been contacted by the ombudsman with a request to put a hold on my account until the dispute has been sorted.  I think it’s important that their response is made public.

“Collections will not be held unless a suitable payment plan is put in place.

Please advise the customer to contact us directly to discuss the options available “

I have already worked out how much I owe them based on my correct readings and paid this amount to them, so they now want me to set up a payment plan to pay them money I don’t owe them.  They have admitted that they have my readings but haven’t explained why they are not using them to bill me. Also I tried calling them 3 times yesterday to get this sorted, and they hung up on me every time, for the record I didn’t raise my voice, or be abusive in any way. I did however ask uncomfortable questions such as do you think this is the right way to treat a customer and apparently that is enough for their staff to hang up on me.  So I don’t know how they expect me to contact them when they won’t speak to me.

I think it’s important for people to know how SSE treat customers, so that they can make informed decisions on who to have as an energy provider.

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I did however ask uncomfortable questions such as do you think this is the right way to treat a customer and apparently that is enough for their staff to hang up on me.  
    Not the role of front line customer facing staff to handle such matters. Use the correct channels to raise your grievances.  Painting an entire organisation black achieves absolutely nothing. With the sheer number of customers migrated to new suppliers is going to take time to resolve all the queries. 
  • Debbie9009
    Debbie9009 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I did however ask uncomfortable questions such as do you think this is the right way to treat a customer and apparently that is enough for their staff to hang up on me.  
    Not the role of front line customer facing staff to handle such matters. Use the correct channels to raise your grievances.  Painting an entire organisation black achieves absolutely nothing. With the sheer number of customers migrated to new suppliers is going to take time to resolve all the queries. 

I haven’t made it clear in my post that I was talking to the complaints dept/team, but I still wouldn’t consider it acceptable to hang up on a customer unless they are being abusive .  I have also put my complaint in writing to them several times, I get told someone from their complaints team will ring me back, but so far this has never happened. 

I have also raised the complaint with the ombudsman, but they have refused to carry out their reasonable request to put a hold on my account until the dispute is settled.  I think their refusal to carry out this request speaks volumes.

As for it taking time to resolve queries, I think 3 months is more than enough time, especially when they are demanding that I pay them money I have repeatedly proved I don’t owe.

In reference to painting an entire organisation black, a quick look at their facebook page shows they are doing quite well at this without any help from me.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback