We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Pure planet / shell energy

raptornic
raptornic Posts: 8
First Post
Forumite
Hi all, I switched from pure planet 2 weeks before they went bust,( switched to eon next) I had a credit balance of near £300, by the time I contacted pure planet about my credit balance they had already gone bust and was told my credit balance will go to shell energy. This was October 2021, I’ve been trying to get my credit back since then.
after hundreds of emails to shell energy, sent all details ( meter serial numbers, name, address, previous pure planet bills and a screen shot of the final statement), they now today told me we Are
now in deadlock and your case is closed !
ive tried the ombudsman, there not interested.
Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Comments

  • Ultrasonic
    Ultrasonic Posts: 4,266
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    To be clear, did you share the deadlock notification from Shell with the ombudsman? What exactly did the ombudsman say?
  • raptornic
    raptornic Posts: 8
    First Post
    Forumite
    I opened a case with the ombudsman, only for them to close it within 30 minutes, I am shocked is an understatement 
  • raptornic
    raptornic Posts: 8
    First Post
    Forumite
    Ombudsman said they are not in a position to help on this issue 
  • Ultrasonic
    Ultrasonic Posts: 4,266
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    raptornic said:
    I opened a case with the ombudsman, only for them to close it within 30 minutes, I am shocked is an understatement 
    That didn't answer my question...
  • raptornic
    raptornic Posts: 8
    First Post
    Forumite
    I didn’t get the chance to share the deadlock note with the ombudsman, then tried to access the case with them half an hour after originally opening the case with them to add additional information which is when the case showed as closed .
    tried to open another case with them, thinking I could upload all info,  this was declined 
  • raptornic
    raptornic Posts: 8
    First Post
    Forumite
    I shouldn’t have to fight for months to have my money returned to me 
  • Ultrasonic
    Ultrasonic Posts: 4,266
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 11 May 2022 at 8:55PM
    Your original case with the ombudsman will have been rejected as you didn't have the deadlock notification. This is a requirement for them to get involved. Contact them again now providing the deadlock notification.
  • raptornic
    raptornic Posts: 8
    First Post
    Forumite
    Ok cheers, is that online form again or would it be better to call them 
  • raptornic
    raptornic Posts: 8
    First Post
    Forumite
    I will phone them tomorrow 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.