Negotiating as an existing customer

Options
Wanted to share my experience with you all.  I followed all the suggestions made by Martin and others on the forum and have managed to successfully haggle down my new contract price from the £121.50 originally quoted to £66 a month. That's a whopping saving of £55.50 a month or £666 a year. I was originally offered £80 a month and only a 6 month discount but after waiting only 24hrs this was further reduced and extended to the full 18 months of the contract. Have a go - as this shows is can be worth it.

Comments

• iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You haven’t stated the provider or what the original £121.50 was purchasing, also is the new figure of £66 for exactly the same service or have some items been removed or downgraded….if it’s for exactly the same , well done for getting such a massive reduction, but I tend to feel sorry for those mugs prepared to pay £121.50 , as it’s obviously not a reflection of costs and a little profit if they can sell it to you for £666 a year less and still not be losing money on you.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    iniltous said:
    ............... I tend to feel sorry for those mugs prepared to pay £121.50 ..........

I feel sorry (or maybe shock?) for those paying £66!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback