in need of an accountant - suggestions please!!

Options
2»

Comments

• papito
    papito Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had problems with TAXASSIST and when I call them to complain about the accountant they told me they can't help me because the contract was with the Accountant they referred me and not with them.
    I was under the impression I was cover in case of an eventuallity or problems by a Company "taxassist", instead they ignore me and I was left by myself....
    The fees paid were expensives but I agreed thinking it was worth based on this been a Corporation and have their back up, etc.

I am surprise James wants to provide help here when I was ignored by taxassist staff over the phone.
  • Hi Papito, we do not ignore complaints at all. Quite the opposite...hence why im here.

We are a franchise operation and the complaint has to be taken up with the franchisee (who owns their own business) directly to resolve this. You are the franchisees' customer and your Professional Indemnity Insurance is provided by the franchisee on the work that they do so we are unable to get involved.

We always want to know if clients are unhappy and we will always speak with the accountant in question when we hear of anything. We run many quality control checks and sometimes we have to part ways with an accountant if we feel they are not delivering the right kind of service.

We would never ignore your call, however we would ask you to deal directly with the accountant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure