Travel Lodge Refund

Options
Has anyone received a refund for a stay booked under the flexirate. 
I staid at a hotel in Glasgow for 5 nights as my husband was airlifted to The Queen Elizabeth hospital.  As I was unsure of the length of his admission, I kept extending my stay until he was discharged.
 I had booked to stay over on the Friday night 1st April; however, my husband was discharged so I went to the reception on the morning of Friday 1st to cancel that night’s stay.  It was booked under the flexi rate, so could receive a refund of £62.99.  The woman at the reception informed me she did not know how to do this so I would need to call reservations.  Reservation informed me he could not help as the hotel needed to release the booking.  I went back to the Receptionist who informed me I would receive this within 10 days.  I packed up my room, left at 10.30am. 
My initial contact was to find out where my refund is. Its now a month and 3 days and I still have not received anything. I have sent letters to the CEO and constantly emailing the company.  There are obviously issues with their 10 day refund policy!!!!
Any advice would be helpful. 

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If they haven't refunded in accordance with their policy and are unresponsive then you could raise a chargeback via your card company, assuming you paid by credit or debit card?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback