Underpaid tax - can I ask for HMRC to write it off?

in Cutting tax
10 replies 484 views
TpeeeeeTpeeeee Forumite
7 Posts
First Post
I have underpaid £240 in tax  in 2018/19 ( my employer has put the wrong tax code) and I was informed I  June 2021. 
I read on the forum that if HMRC informs of too little taxt after 1 year I could ask for it to be written off. 
Is this possible? 
Do I have a chance of it being written off in my situation? 
Please help the increase in cost of living doesn't make this a happy thing to do! thank you 😊 


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

British Gas prepay meter users...

...to pay less for gas from 1 April

MSE News

The 'odd Easter flavours' thread 2023

What bizarre food stuffs have you spied?

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools