Nowtv Landline Phone Not Ringing

Hi

I've logged a fault with Nowtv broadband for my dad's phone which is not ringing when an incoming call comes in. It connects if you pick it up. We've tried removing everything and connecting the phone to the test socket behind the backplate but no joy, Also tried my phone in the test socket. Looking online it looks like it could be a faulty line card at the exchange. Just wondered if anyone has experienced this with Nowtv and if they had any problems getting it sorted. Dad had a problem last year and a new master socket was installed. All done very quickly and compensation given so hoping for the best.

Cheers

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 April 2022 at 9:39PM
    Line faults are dealt with by Openreach.  So all Now will do is pass details of the fault to them and then its in their hands.

You may want to enquire as to whether Now can apply a temporary call divert to a mobile phone (for example) until the fault is cleared.
  • Many thanks for your post. We now have an appointment with Openreach next week. Good idea regarding the call divert (they haven't suggested this).

Cheers
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Now is part of Sky, Sky as a LLU operator don’t use ‘line cards’ so this is not like to be the issue.
  • Thanks for that. We will see what the engineer comes up with.
    Cheers
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure