We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

'Temporary' cheap pond ideas for child!

13»

Comments

  • ChilliBob
    ChilliBob Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Well this is about 1ft wide, 3-4 long and 2 deep so I don't I'll get that! 

    Now, dragonfly lave or frogs and I'll probably be more excited than my son! 
  • Woolsery
    Woolsery Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    stuart45 said:
    I had a pair of Mallards  come into our pond for a few days and they  wrecked it, and ate all the weed and snails.
    Similarly I had someone helpfully add some sticklebacks to a school pond I was responsible for. In a  year or so there was pretty much nothing except sticklebacks and leeches. I had to wait till the winter holiday to pump the whole thing out over the grass.

  • Eldi_Dos
    Eldi_Dos Posts: 2,777 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    If you fancy a rockery it's usually the cheapest way to get a pond.
    Play with the expectation of winning not the fear of failure.    S.Clarke
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 9,312 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    We have ducks on the sea here. I watched them surfing this winter.
    And a regular pair in the harbour. One on it's own this year and followed me around in the hope of sharing a sandwich.
    You could get a little plastic one to float, or a duck noise whistle and tell him they are nearby.

    I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!

    viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

    The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well


★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.