Follow up visits and pet insurance

Hi all, sorry if this seems like a silly question but I’m really unsure. My dog has recently had a mystery infection, I took him to the vets and was given a bill for £1400 for X-rays/drugs/blood tests etc. I am insured, so the surgery put a claim in for me on the insurance’s portal. 

However, I had to go back to check in, and I have to go back again next week. Everytime I see the vets it’s another £45. Am I able to tack this onto the original claim or do I need to keep paying as each individual visit is under the excess of £99?

Any help gratefully received as this may bankrupt me (he’s not out of the woods yet 😔)
Barclaycard [STRIKE] £2770 [/STRIKE] now £2690.
O/D £500. Weight loss: 12/28lbs :o Savings owed [STRIKE] £3000 [/STRIKE] now £2250 :( Total debt: [STRIKE] £6760 [/STRIKE] now £5440

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 April 2022 at 9:16PM
    With my insurer it’s the same condition so all part of the same claim. I would expect the follow up visits to be paid with no further deductions for the excess for as long as it’s within the same insurance year. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,600 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I agree with elsein, that's certainly been my experience in the past. 
  • Fudgefund
    Fudgefund Posts: 394 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks so much you two, that’s a relief.  :)
    Barclaycard [STRIKE] £2770 [/STRIKE] now £2690.
    O/D £500. Weight loss: 12/28lbs :o Savings owed [STRIKE] £3000 [/STRIKE] now £2250 :( Total debt: [STRIKE] £6760 [/STRIKE] now £5440
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    As long as you have not used up the amount of cover you have available on your policy.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    My vet also used to do some follow up visits free, if it was a quick visit. Not their policy but he did say he felt he’d had enough money from me of late. :) 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback